Easily identified by his ferocious appearance (bushy black beard and moustache), this matured muscular adult male is Zhong Kui (Chung Kwei), popularly known as the Demon Chaser. With almighty power to repel evil spirits and ghosts, he protects the household against any harm. He is all-time-alert and ready to diminish any spirits lurking around your vicinity. Because Chung Kwei’s popularity comes from his ability to defeat ghosts and demons, his statue is especially loved by traditional styled feng shui grandmasters as the number one counter measure against the 5-Yellow. This statue brings together the Five Element Pagoda, the Wulou and the Seven Star Sword to terminate the 5-Yellow, especially in more difficult situations when this malevolent energy is particularly strong in certain sectors. The Chung Kwei when dressed in his signature red ghost-busting outfit is both auspicious and adds to the concept of vastness. Chung Kwei has very high expectations of happiness. The variety of good fortune that can be expressed in his figurine is almost endless, where Chung Kwei also represents prosperity, wealth luck, immortality and longevity. Besides giving fortune blessings, he helps you overcome all sorts of obstacles in life. He has the unusual capability to control our environment from harmful forces and loss of wealth. His presence is also suitable for those who are energizing their scholastic luck. Also highly recommended for those who are doing jewellery and businesses that involves expensive goods for protection. This is the best piece of art for those moving into a new place.
A big rolling of mantras that consecrate the statue consists of:
- Long Mantra of Medicine Buddha – Medicine Buddha has unbiased compassion for all. He protects everyone from physical and mental sickness and other dangers and obstacles, and helps them to eradicate the three poisons – attachment, hatred, and ignorance – which are the sources of all illness and danger. Medicine Buddha not only helps in healing but also for overcoming the inner sickness of attachment, hatred, and ignorance. Thus Medicine Buddha can help decrease physical and mental illness and suffering. The Medicine Buddha mantra is held to be extremely powerful for healing of physical illnesses and purification of negative karma. Anyone who is stricken by disease can seek blessings from Medicine Buddha for curing.
- Exalted Mantra King of Great Breath Mantra – it is believed that diseases are caused by the breath sent out by the great lord of all the spirits of all the three continents called Grinning Teeth (sekpa). All humans and spirits living in the world may contract various sicknesses and having their lives taken away once the destructive breath fills up the whole world and touches sentient beings. And it was revealed that the anecdote to the diseases is through the practising of this mantra called the “Exalted Mantra King of Great Breath”. Whenever it is practised, sentiant beings will not be harmed by the breath. The mantra when worn or kept on ones neck, head or body will be protected against Ebola Virus and other contagious diseases, receiving no harm or sicknesses (tongney) from wind, bile, phlegm etc.
- Amitayus Mantra – To increase longevity, merit and wisdom and especially to clear the obstacle of untimely dealth.
- White Tara Mantra – To increase longevity, merit and wisdom and especially to clear the obstacle of untimely dealth.
- Four Dharmakaya Relic Mantras – Are essential mantras that give power and make the object holy.
Note: This item is energy infused and comes with a certificate of authenticity. Mantras are sealed inside the statue.
What Chung Kwei symbolizes?
Chung Kwei is popularly seen in all Goldsmith and shops trading expensive goods in Taiwan as an important symbol of protection from robbery, theft and fraud. He is also considered an exorcist of the highest ability as he is said to have subdued many demon spirits and thereafter had them under his command. The image brings you scholastic luck, protection from harmful people, wealth luck and protection from evil spirits/ghost. Having the image of Chung Kwei in your home will provide potent protection from tough enemies who have been giving you a tough time. For those in high profile professions, Chung Kwei will help to prevent backstabbing and jealousy, both in your workplace and business relationships.
Chung Kwei was a fictitious scholar and a swordsman who had gone through a lot of difficult times to attain his ambition of becoming a court official. Due to his fierce and scary looks, he was denied by an emperor to serve for the government despite passing his exams with great results. As a result, he committed suicide on the steps of the imperial palace. Later, after many years, another Tang Emperor Xuanzong (712-56) who dreamt about Chung Kwei was sorry about the unfair deprival of his rightful honors even though Chung Kwai was so capable. He was however posthumously restored to his rightful position, labeled the Demon Chaser, and give the status of “judge” as a reward for returning to the world to save the Emperor Zuanzong from the evil spirits and ghosts that were tormenting the emperor’s sleep. This Emperor ordered his portrait to be painted and recognized for his duty as “God of Demon Buster “. He was then also being recognized to be “Star God of Examinations” by folks in China.
Chung Kwei is depicted as being ugly with large protruding eyes and a rough beard. His fierceness alone could kill harmful evil. He uses his powerful sword as a weapon to kill the evil spirits.
Invite the Chung Kwei home to improve your home feng shui:
- As a protective guardian, Chung Kwei should be displayed near you entrance facing out directly at the main door to ward off evil spirits, people with bad intention, competitors, robbers, thefts, fraud and act of unlawfulness.
- Chung Kwei can effectively subdue the fatal effects of 5-Yellow star (bringing mishaps, death, accidents, big losses) if your maindoor is facing this direction. If you invite a Chung Kwei in your house, irrespective of where the 5-Yellow is in any year, his image will be able to protect the entire family.
- For those who suspect that there are evil spirits wondering in their rooms at night, you may also display Chung Kwei at the foot of your stairs to be watchful of all evil spirits wishing to go upstairs to disturb your sleep.
- To enhance your child’s scholastic luck in examination, display the figure of Chung Kwei in the Northeast corner (education luck corner).
- Invite Chung Kwei during times of bad luck and frustration, especially due to influence from bad people and backstabbing from your office. He will help to counter those harmful forces.
- Display Chung Kwei in the sector of the living room or home, bedroom, vicinity of main door or doors afflicted by annual #5 Yellow or #2 Black. These stars are especially more detrimental if the house is facing their directions.
- Display Chung Kwei in the sector afflicted by mountain star#5, water star#5, mountain star#2 or water star#2 according to the natal flying star chart of your house.
- Display Chung Kwei where extremely bad combinations of stars occur such as 5-7-9, 5-5-9, 2-5-9 etc or vice versa. These are extremely fatal situations that need a strong countermeasure like Chung Kwei image.
Note: Do not place Chung Kwei on the floor. You may invite him into your homes anytime of the year. Also most suitable to invite him into your house anytime you feel fearful and needed some protection and good luck. Very suitable to be displayed in new homes.