If hanging a windchime from the ceiling is inconvenient, then the other option will be to hang it on the wall or at the door. This 8-hollow rods windchime is made for this specific purpose. Consisting of 8 molded mantra rods inscribed clearly with the all-time-favorite “Om Mani Padme Hum” and gilded with gold, it provides a special channel to the cosmic realm to invoke divine blessing for good luck. Made from all brass, it has the symbol of mystic knot on top. The mystic knot is the most influential symbol of prosperity. Those displaying this powerful mystic knot symbol will have the influence of the number 8 multiplied, thus enjoy extra good fortune. Mystic knot is also equivalent to the infinity sign done endless times. 8 rods represents PROSPERITY BLESSINGS (fatt) and is the most popularly wanted number by Chinese. This is the kind of windchime that brings in prosperity luck and especially popular in its usage in Period 8 through Period 9. They are normally hung in the NE or S to usher in Period 8 and Period 9 energy. One may also hang it in chi entry points such as the maindoor to announce “prosperity has arrived”.
Note: This is not a noisy windchime. As an extra precaution, to prevent it from becoming a nuisance and your neighbours from losing their hours of sleep, avoid subjecting it to strong winds.
What Windchime symbolizes?
Windchimes like baguas is a fundamental tool used in authentic Feng Shui. The advantage of a windchime is it can be use internally to dissolve shar chi. Windchimes are unquestionably the most powerful enhancer and cure for many Feng Shui situations. Windchimes are potent enough to maneuver and enhance chi wherever it is placed. They make a significant presence especially for those who do not want to spend too much money to modify buildings and large structures due to bad Feng Shui. Properly designed windchimes according to the rules of the nature do not invite ghost, but instead will chase away evil spirits due to its strong metal energy.
The proper design of windchime is important to ensure stimulation of good chi. Windchimes are made with 5, 6 or 8 rods, with each number representing hidden meanings.
- 5 rods represents EARTH and attracts excellent chi and prosperity from 5 cardinal directions, namely North, South, East, West and Center.
- 6 rods represents the “chien hexagram” from the studies of I-ching which carries the meaning BIG METAL and luck from heaven. Such a hexagram exerts the strongest form of metal energy which is required to counter problematic earth energy from flying stars #2 and #5.
- 8 rods represents PROSPERITY BLESSINGS (fatt) and is the most popularly wanted number by Chinese.
As an important rule of thumb, 5 & 6 rods are best to suppress bad luck and bad chi (curing purpose), while 6 & 8 rods are best to attract good luck (enhancement purpose). The 6-rods are also excellent cure for bad flying stars for those who practise Xuan Kong Flying Star Feng Shui.
Next, the rods should be designed according to Feng Shui principles, they must be hollow to stimulate flow of chi through it and to produce proper melody with sound enhancement. The safest is to adopt windchime designs that are truly designed to feng shui principles. Some old fashioned chinese windchimes are usually added with fortune-bringing-bells and pagoda. Bells create strong tones and melody to attact money. Meanwhile, pagodas are powerful symbols to ward off evil spirits and also increase scholastic luck. Actually different number of tiers also represent different meanings for the pagoda:
- 5-tiers Pagoda represents complete representation of the five elements, ie Metal, wood, water, fire and earth. It also represents the guardian of 5 directions by emperors. This leads to overall improvement of fortune and good luck, while overpowering or subduing bad luck coming from all the 5 directions.
- 7-tiers Pagoda signifies seven treasures of Buddhism. It accumulates benevolance. It is also said to symbolize blessing from seven northern stars which brings ultimate wealth luck and career luck.
- 9-tiers bring completeness and brings nobility, strength, good career, wealth and study luck. It also possess power to suppress bad luck and instability.
In terms of materials, if the purpose is to enhance luck, one can choose windchimes that are made from the element which is similar to the element of the direction they wish to enhance. For example, enhancement in West, Northwest and North must have the windchime made by metal (Copper, Aluminium, Brass or Stainless Steel rods). Next, windchimes made of bamboo and wood are good as enhancers in East, Southeast and South, while windchimes made from glass/clay can be used in Southwest and Northeast. However, windchimes are normally used as cure or remedy for tough situations in feng shui and seldom for enhancement. And in generally, you should not be worried to use metal windchime in any direction as the significance of the presence of a metal windchime overides element clashes in any directions.
This windchime design offered by Feng Shui Bestbuy is truly an ancient system with all the excellent qualities “all-in-one”, used for centuries for Feng Shui purposes. They must be hung naturally in order for it to be activated.
We recommend the following locations for hanging of your windchimes:
- Hang the 6 rods metal windchime to dissolve the annual 5-Yellow (bringing mishaps, fatality and accidents) and annual 2-Black star (bring illness). They must be subdued in order to prevent fatality, bankruptcy and long term illnesses.
- Hang a 6 or 8 rod metal windchime to enhance annual Purple Star #9 (for happy events, life expansion and promotion). This future prosperity star promises long term wealth luck.
- Acting as an alternative to bagua, 5 and 6 rods metal windchimes can also diffuse killing chi (poison arrows) from T-junction, lamp post, straight pole, tree and oppressing large building too close for comfort directly in front of your house. 5 and 6 rods metal windchimes can also remedy killing chi (poison arrows) coming from sharp angles, corners of buildings and roof ridges of your neighbours pointing at your front doors.
- If your house has any external wall facing bad energy sent by highway, railway track and other oppressive structures, you may hang a few 5 and 6 rods metal windchimes along the wall to dissolve the shar chi. You are recommended to use odd numbers (yang) rather than even numbers (yin) for the number of windchimes hung along one wall at any one time.
- Windchimes nourishes chi, and turns any harmful chi that enter our homes into good chi, through any entry points such as doors and windows without us knowing it. For this purpose, you may hang either the 5, 6 or 8 rods metal windchimes at the door frames at the sides and not directly at the center.
- Windchimes can slow down rushing chi or suppress bad chi or diffuse chi or raise chi to the roof:
(a) You may display a 5 or 6 rods metal windchime in between doors that faces each other in one line (like bedroom door facing toilet door or kitchen door);
(b) You may use a 5 or 6 rods metal windchime to dissolve bad chi coming from beams or sharp angles from edges of walls or furniture pieces;
(c) You may display a 5 or 6 rods metal windchime in your bathroom to prevent any of your 8 aspirations being drained away (especially southeast and southwest). Windchimes are also excellent cures for bathrooms that are oriented in a wrong direction of your home, eg. they were positioned in ones sheng chi direction or good directions.
(d) You may hang a 5, 6 or 8 rods metal windchime at the end of your stairs to prevent wealth from rushing down towards your main door downstairs.
- 8 rod windchimes will become a norm in households in period 8 through period 9. It will attract unlimited luck by activating good chi of both periods. Simply hang it in the NE or S to invite Period 8 or 9 energy into homes.
- Now, you may also hang an 8 rods metal windchime in the west to activate children luck and northwest to activate mentor luck (so that you’re never lack of support from important people who could bring you abundant opportunities).
Defect rules built over time: They have high degree of quality gloss finish. But because they are held by tools and shaped through machining from blocks , there could be tiny tool marks or scratches visible under 30cm visual.
Cast brass work experiences high heat process, gas defect, extreme shrinking and rough process steps, therefore they have “common irregularities” on their surfaces. They include blisters, bubbles, shrinkages, cavities, scratch lines, dents, tarnishes, dark spots, oxides etc. They are NOT considered as faulty and therefore are non rejectable. Despite obtaining from factories that provide high brass purity and the best in workmanship that supply only grade A pieces to us, common irregularities are still unavoidable.
Note: Please do not hang a windchime directly above where you sleep, sit, eat, work or stand. Your energy will be suppressed. In the event that there is space constraint, you may hang the windchime lower than waist level.