This is a potent Feng Shui gold brass Unicorn that can exert strong metal energy. It is convenient for carrying along or hanging on walls, doors, windows and office areas. It has a large chinese coin pattern engraved on the stomach to signify money in our homes.Tied with red strings and tassels, the unicorn had been empowered and activated with potent energy. This item is most suitable to dissolve bad effects of Three Killings. You can also hang it outdoor, near the entrance, in the living room or in the family room to activate lots of good fortune.
What the Chi Lin symbolizes and how to place the object?
The Unicorn, Dragon Horse or Chi Lin is a fabulous heavenly creature of good omen, and the symbol of grandeur, felicity, wise administration, longevity and illustrious offspring. It had attained the age of 1000 years old and said to be the noblest form of animal, emblem of perfect good incarnated essence of Five Elements. The predominant characteristics of the unicorn is its perfect goodwill, gentleness, and benevolence to all living creatures. It possessed all the good qualities found in all animals and has the head of a dragon, scales of the carp and body of a horse. Some believed that the Chi Lin was actually a giraffe. If one were to observe carefull, it could be the fact! Its voice is like the sound of bells and other musical instruments. It carefully avoids treading upon any living insect, or destroying the grass under its feet, and its gait is regulated according to propriety.
It is reputed to be able to walk on water as well as on land and last appeared before the birth and death of Confucious. Confucious was often associated to Chi Lin because he was born a sage after his mother stepped on the footsteps of the Chi Lin and got pregnant. The Chi Lin is regarded by Buddhists to carry the civilizing Book of Law on its back. In ancient feng shui studies, the Chi Lin was described as coming out of Yellow River and appeared to Fu Hsi, the first legendary Emperor, bearing on its back a mystic Ho Tu map from which the Flying Stars formulas is said to have evolved. It is always seen as solitary, and appears to mankind only when a king of the highest benevolence sits upon the throne, or when a sage is about to be born. It had appeared during the halcyon days of the Emperors Yao and Shun and when Confucius was living, but so degenerated have mankind since become that it has never since shown itself to us again.
Since Chi Lin is a wonderful combination of a dragon’s head and a horse’s body, it produces a harmonized mixture of excellent qualities between the two auspicious animals. It has a more royal status compared to the other guardians and is simply adorable. Chi Lin blows “sheng chi” because of its Dragon head to benefit surrounding. Unlike lions and other fierce creatures, the Chi Lin representing a “new born baby” by ancient chinese is very loyal to its owner and easier to tame, like a lovely horse. Its energy represent vitality, strength, ambition, good competing spirits, great health, perseverance and fame. Besides, it also has the scales of a carp which ushers in wealth, prosperity and abundance. The patterns on its back were used to derive the earlier heaven bagua, an ultimate symbol in the study of Feng Shui.
This powerful symbol is an excellent support for important people. Chinese emperors have Chi Lin objects on their tables next to their important seals. And many architectural motives will use the symbol of Chi Lin to manifest blessings and good fortune. Large Chi Lins are also used to protect huge businesses like hotel industry, ministers’ homes, banks, antique shops etc. Chi Lin being an extremely lucky symbol of fortune is usually depicted standing or sitting on a bed of wealth like coins and gold ingots to represent increasingly steady income luck and unlimited windfalls. One will enjoy wonderful prosperity by owning the auspicious Chi Lin.
Chi Lin produces wonderful results to enhance family prosperity, career luck, longevity and excellent health health, wealth luck and family luck:
- Like Fu Dogs, the chi lin provides ultimate protection, wards off evil spirits and harmful people, nourishes chi that enters homes, bring in happy blessings and dissolves bad chi from neighbourly formations. One may hang one or a pair at the maindoor for this purpose.
- Hang a pair of Chi Lin at the door front on either sides if the door is facing the lift, stairs or escalator to dissolve rushing bad chi.
- Three Chi Lin is the best cure for annual three killings (which brings robbery, fightings, disharmony and lawsuits) if important sectors of your house like main door, living room and bedrooms are facing or located here.
- One or two Chi Lin hung in the southeast of your living room or dining and your business premise, you will enjoy tremendous wealth luck constantly coming your way.
- For officials or executives, one may also hang the Chi Lin at your workdesk facing out to bring good luck and ward off harmful people and politics. You may also place it near your reception and important areas of your shop, facing out.