This is the symbol of double carps successfully crossing the Dragon Gate, resembling joyous unions, marriage luck, abundant good fortune, prosperity, successful examination and literary luck. The product is made from strong bronze and is much larger than the regular size. Both the carps are energetic and determined to resist big currents at the bottom.
What does the carp symbolizes and how to place this object?
Fish can increase the momentum of wealth generation, gather accumulation of wealth and neutralize negative forces. The chinese always associate the fish with abundance and prosperity with the saying “nien nien yew yu” which means “seeing abundance harvest every year”. Because of its strong symbolic meaning, chinese homes are normally decorated with fish ponds, aquariums and art pieces. They believe this will make the family income “float”. There are quite a number of fishes which are popular among feng shui enthusiasts, but mostly are red, orange, gold or silverish white in color. And all of them are fresh water fish, where so far we had not seen salt water fish being used to activate feng shui luck.
The carp is probably the most popular fish reared in ancient china till today, where it can be found in imperial palaces, homes of the rich and powerful, casinos and hotels as a traditional feng shui fish. The carp is very closely associated to the dragon. The old tale of the carp jumping and crossing over “Dragon Gate” to transform into a Dragon had become very popular. The carp is a tough fish that could resist big currents in China’s ancient Yellow River and this portray perseverance and determination of it. It is able to persistently resist hardship, swim upstream and rapidly jumping above the water to reach heaven to symbolize great achievements in ones pursuit or high ambitions of a lifetime. Although the carp is often being associated to scholastic success and literary luck, but it is also a potent emblem of happy outcome, joyful marriage, sufficient fortune and prosperity.
We normally recommend the carp to increase one’s educational growth and a charm that leads to passing examinations with flying colors. But some of our customers see an increase in their business after displaying the carp, while those in sales and marketing view it as bringing plenty of success by putting them in a competitive advantage over their competitors. For housewives, they carps are considered as a powerful symbol of harmony and joy which carries peaceful meanings to their household.
This fortune symbol can be placed in almost everywhere to raise the bar for your pursuits:
- Display around the home to attain greater heights in material success and power. It can also be displayed in your personal sheng chi direction to ensure very fortunate returns.
- For those who want to attract academic excellence, place the Dragon Carp at your study desk. You may also place it in the northeast direction (according to 8 Aspirations Theory) to absorb the academic luck.
- Place the Dragon Gate symbol to decorate the important areas of your living rooms, family rooms, reception, dining, cashier’s counter or even bedrooms to increase your wealth like for the entire family.
- Place it in your sheng chi location to tap your ultimate wealth luck in enhancing your career, windfall luck and more sources of income coming your way.
- For those who know the placement of water in feng shui, you may place the Dragon Gate nearby or inside those water features (such as waterfall, ponds, aquariums):
a. North – for career luck
b. East – for enhancement of family well-being
c. Southeast – for wealth luck
d. Water star position according to Flying Star feng shui – for wealth luck
- For bosses, managers and employees, if you are looking for more personal growth and money opportunities, it is recommended that you place the Dragon Gate at the north location of your work desk. The Dragon Gate will create the difference between you and your peers to enable yourself to stay more competitive.